Business Insider has ranked the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District as the best school district in Pennsylvania. It’s not hard to see why. This Pennsylvania school district boasts quite a few benefits that are gaining national recognition. From low teacher to student ratios, higher teacher loyalty, and higher than average proficiency, this school district has lots to be proud of.
- The district is home to 6,000 students from 8 different schools in eastern Chester County outside of Philadelphia.
- The student to teacher ratio is an impressive 15:1. Lower than the national average, students in the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District are given more individual attention, resulting in an exemplary education experience.
- 97% of the district’s students graduate from high school. Nationally, the average is 83%, proving that the district’s approach to education is not only working, but it’s working well.
- The average teacher has worked in the district for over 15 years. With a higher than average salary for local teachers, this district boasts a loyal and invested teacher base.
- 72% of the district’s students are proficient in math and a whopping 88% are proficient in reading! With such high proficiency numbers, it’s easy to see why the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District excels amongst its peers.
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District boasts an average SAT score of 1300 and an average ACT score of 30. Not only are the students graduating in this district, they’re also adequately prepared for college.
- While most of the country spends an average of $12,239 per student, this school district spends an average of $17,464 per student. Not only are the teachers investing in the lives of their students, it’s obvious that the district is as well.
It’s easy to see why Business Insider has chosen Tredyffrin/Easttown School District as it’s #1 in Pennsylvania. Here at the Silva group we’re proud to serve homeowners in this esteemed school district and are excited to see what’s in store for the future of the schools and their students.